skip navigation

Add your conference to our Justice Events calendar


How do I obtain an order of protection?
To obtain an order of protection, please contact your local district attorney or prosecutor's office. A restraining or stay-away order is a legal protection that prohibits the offender from contacting you or interfering with your activities or mobility. Additional information on orders of protection is available in the Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) report, Enforcement of Protective Orders, and the Crime: Domestic Violence section of our site.

Last Updated: December 31, 2012

Ask Another Question

Email Your Question